After-school Tutoring and Summer Intensive Tutoring Program
Everyone Reading offers an after-school tutoring program for students with dyslexia and other learning difficulties. The program extends through the fall and spring and provides students with 1 hour, 2 days a week of evidence-based instruction in decoding and encoding. This program for students in grades 3-5 is funded in part through a grant from the city council and we’re offering it to families free of charge. Everyone Reading’s after-school tutoring program offers a great opportunity for children to get extra help from an experienced teacher in a small group setting.
· The tutoring program uses the Wilson Reading Program (www.WilsonLanguage.com), a multisensory teaching system based in the Orton Gillingham method that is frequently used in many classrooms.
· The classes meet two days a week on Mondays and Tuesdays from 4-5pm at Everyone Reading offices at 71 West 23rd street, suite 1527.
· Tutoring is led by Desiree Hunerberg, a trained special education teacher generously volunteering her time.
The class is currently full. For more information, or to add your child’s name to the waiting list, contact us.
One parent said “My child is; more enthusiastic about reading, more confident, more prepared for school.”
Our Summer Intensive Tutoring Program produces results. In just 4 weeks of tutoring:
95% improved their reading skills
62% of all students gained at least a half year in reading.
33% gained 2 years in reading
10% gained more than 5 years in reading
Does your child have difficulty reading and spelling? Our summer tutoring program could help. Now in its fifth year, the program has boosted the reading skills of hundreds of kids in just four weeks over the summer. The program is for students in grades 4 through 12 who are two grades or more behind where they should be in reading and is open to families in all boroughs and the surrounding New York area. We sit down with students in the spring for a quick but thorough pre-assessment to see whether this program is right for them.
- The program provides one-to-one tutoring to support and promote your child’s success in school
- We use a multisensory program that addresses the needs of readers struggling with phonemic awareness, decoding and encoding skills
- It provides 20 tutoring sessions over four consecutive weeks, 50 minutes per individualized session
- Free program, preference will be given to students receiving free and low cost lunch
Contact us for more information